Hoop & Stick Con 2015 – Mission Accomplished!
What is Hoop & Stick Con? We’re glad you asked! Hoop & Stick is a weekend of board games, role playing games and general gaming goodness!! In a castle!!!
The third annual Hoop & Stick Con was held February 26th to 28th, 2015, and featured:
- Game demonstrations by Colby Dauch of Plaid Hat Games, creators of Summoner Wars, Bioshock Infinite: Siege of Columbia, Mice & Mystics and Dead of Winter!
- A Small World Tournament and A Ticket to Ride World Tour – brought to you by Days of Wonder!
- Multiple role playing sessions, featuring Pathfinder, Dungeons and Dragons and Star Wars Edge of Empire!
- Board games galore!
Tickets for Hoop & Stick Con 2015 are $75, and include:
- Saturday Night’s Medieval Style Dinner!
- Access to all gaming sessions!
- A commemorative Ravenwood Castle 6 sided die!
- A $50 donation to Child’s Play!
This Is All For Child’s Play?!
That’s right! This amazing event isn’t just about gaming. Well ok, it IS about gaming… but gaming for a cause!
At the core of Hoop & Stick Con is a fundraising event dedicated to raising money for Child’s Play. That money is used to provide toys and games to children in hospitals around the world.
In addition to the $50 donation included in the price of each ticket, Ravenwood Castle will also be donating 50% of all room rentals for the weekend. Of course 100% of the proceeds from the silent auction also go to Child’s Play.
Our goal each year is to raise at least $5,000. As you can see from the big checks below, we’re currently two for two. With your help, we can raise even more this year!
If you are interested in a bit more about Child’s Play and why we support it, check out this post on Quoth the Raven.
Another Successful Event!
We’ve wrapped up Hoop & Stick Con 2015, and are thrilled to announce that we managed to exceed our aggressive fundraising goal of $,7,500! With the assistance of Plaid Hat Games, Ohio Pathfinder Society, The Malted Meeple, and you our great guests, we raised $7,715.50 for Child’s Play! That’s a lot of toys and games for children’s hospitals around the country!
The second year of this event was Hoop & Stick 2014, and we were thrilled that nearly 75% of our guests were repeat guests from the original RavenCon. Between them, our new guests, and all of our great supporters, we managed to raise even more money for Child’s Play this year! Over $5,800 for children’s hospitals around the country, now that’s a successful weekend!