Five Things to Pack When Visiting Ravenwood Castle
This week’s blog post is written by the newest member of the Ravenwood Castle team, Maureen McCardel, our Wedding & Event Coordinator.
What do I pack? That is always a top question when preparing for any trip. At Ravenwood Castle we want you to have the most enjoyable stay possible without any hassle or stress.
Here are a few recommended items you should bring with you on your next visit:
- A Jacket or Sweater – We have lovely grounds to explore, fire pits for evening relaxation, and there are many outdoor activities in the region that you are going to enjoy. It is still Spring in Ohio, which means variable temperatures. We highly recommend bringing a layer or two in preparation for a woodsy wander or a sudden spring shower.
- Walking Shoes – In addition to our 50+ acres of Ravenwood property to explore, we are nestled in the scenic Hocking Hills area that boasts excellent hiking and outdoor activities such as kayaking, fishing, zip-lining, rock climbing, and more! You will want to get outside and enjoy the glorious sights nature has to offer.
- A Camera – Memories are the most valuable souvenirs and photographs help keep those memories alive! Capture the way the woods look at sunrise, the smiles on the faces of your travel companions, and proof that you stayed in a real life castle to brag to your co-workers back home.
- An Appetite – We serve good, old fashioned home cooked meals in the Great Hall and the Raven’s Roost Pub, along with high quality, local-brewed craft beers that will delight your taste buds and make you feel at home. Be sure to save room for dessert and try our Chocolate Chip Cookie a la Mode!
- A Sense of Adventure – Whether you are looking to get in some quality time with nature or delve into a session of Dungeons & Dragons in our game library, you will want to bring your adventurous side and try something new. It’s not every day you get to stay in a castle and you should take full advantage of your time with us.
Visit explorehockinghills.com for some ideas of regional activities to enjoy during your stay, and be sure to check out our Property Map to get a lay of the land before you arrive!
We are waiting to serve you, so Make Your Reservation today!