Dear Ravenwood Castle Guests,
By now, you have surely heard that Governor DeWine has announced the removal of nearly all remaining COVID-19 restrictions and requirements as of June 2nd, and that the CDC has updated its guidance regarding mask wearing. That guidance now states that fully vaccinated individuals can engage in most activities, whether indoors or out, without wearing a mask or socially distancing, while unvaccinated individuals should in most cases continue wearing a mask and socially distancing.
The changes to these restrictions and recommendations require all of us, individuals and businesses alike, to take a moment to reflect. As individuals, we must decide for ourselves what our comfort level is, and choose how quickly we wish to put aside the measures which have kept us safe over the past year. As businesses, we must develop policies and procedures that keep our staff and the public safe, while allowing as much of a return to ‘normalcy’ as practical.
At Ravenwood Castle, we have taken our direction throughout this pandemic from the CDC and state and local health agencies, and will continue to do so now. In many cases throughout the last 15 months we have, out of an abundance of caution, taken steps that were not strictly required. We intend to continue that practice as well. It is with these thoughts in mind that we are making the following changes to our COVID precautions, effective June 1st.
- Fully vaccinated guests will no longer be required to wear masks in the common areas.
- Fully vaccinated staff will no longer be required to wear masks while on duty.
- Seating capacity in the Great Hall will be returned to pre-pandemic levels.
- Seating capacity in the Raven’s Roost Pub will be returned to pre-pandemic levels.
While vaccinated guests are no longer required to wear masks, they are more than welcome to do so. Similarly, while the overwhelming majority of our staff are fully vaccinated, they too have been encouraged to continue wearing masks if they so wish.
While we are making the changes listed above, there are several pandemic related procedures which we will not be changing at this time. These procedures are being retained out of an abundance of caution, and to allow guests the freedom to continue social distancing should they so wish.
- The Great Hall breakfast and dinner buffets will continue to be served by Ravenwood Castle staff, rather than being converted back to the pre-pandemic self-serve model.
- While seating capacity in the Great Hall will be returned to its original level, we will continue dividing breakfast and dinner services into two shifts in order to allow greater distance between dining parties.
- We will continue offering a to-go option for both the Raven’s Roost Pub and our breakfast service, for any who wish to eat in the privacy of their own accommodations – whether out of caution or simple preference.
It is our hope that these measures strike the appropriate balance between continued safety and a return to normalcy. As always, we will monitor developments and will provide further announcements should anything change.