Over the next few weeks, guests and visitors to Ravenwood Castle may notice some unusual activity near the Gypsy Wagons. After sticking around for nearly two decades, the nomadic wagons are pulling up stakes and moving on.
We are thrilled to announce that the wagons will be replaced with an expansion of the Medieval Village. Two brand new cottages are under construction, and will be open for business later this year!
Each of these new cabins, which will be located in the wooded area currently housing the Gypsy Wagons, will feature private decks, kitchenettes, and – unlike the wagons – internal bathrooms! Each cabin will sleep up to four people in two separate bedrooms, one with a Queen sized bed and one with a set of bunk beds. The new cabins will also be open year round!
The expansion will be rounded out with the addition of a new wooded gathering area, and communal wooden deck overlooking the scenic woods and soon to be re-opened hiking trails (stay tuned for more on that later!)
Keep an eye out here on Quoth the Raven, on our website and Facebook, we’ll be adding images of the construction process as soon as they are available. Even better, the new cottages should be available to rent online in the next few months!
Win A Free Stay At Ravenwood Castle!
Are you creative? Would you like to win a free two night stay at Ravenwood Castle? Then put that creativity to use! We’ve named one of the new cottages, but we’re leaving the other for you!
The first cottage is to be named the Brewer’s Cabin. Come up with your best name for the remaining cottage – be sure it fits in with the Medieval Village theme – and send it to us in an email. We’ll pick the best, and the person who submitted it will win a two night stay in the cottage they named! If multiple people submit the winning name, we will randomly draw a winner from those who suggested it.
Contest Details and Conditions
- Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “New Cottage Name” in the title.
- Put your name suggestion in the body of the email. Limit to one suggested name per person please!
- The winner will receive a certificate for a two night stay in the cottage they named.
- You must be subscribed to our blog (https://www.ravenwoodcastle.com/quoth-the-raven/) to win.
- Submissions must be in by the end of the day June 30th to be considered.
- Certificate not valid on holidays or for ticketed events.
- Winner responsible for providing own transportation to and from Ravenwood Castle.
- Certificate has no monetary value.